Welcome to the Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center (BMHMC). You will find information here on our website about the many programs and services BMHMC offers to our community. As our Medical Center grows our website needs to grow with us. Please expect changes to the appearance and content of this website in the coming month.
For more than 60 years our Hospital has been providing care for the residents in our community. As a community hospital our efforts are centered around what is best for the community. We are singularly driven by a vision that reaches to our core: We will be our community's healthcare provider of choice. Every year we continually grow, improve and offer more to our community. This past year we have been able to celebrate along with our community many milestones including:
- The Knapp Cardiac Care Center Ribbon Cutting. Please click here for more information on this incredible program that offers lifesaving procedures with a heartfelt approach.
- Closing on the purchase of the former John J. Foley Skilled Nursing Home property in Yaphank. This will allow us to offer more needed services to our community.
- Establishment of community-based accessible MyHealth Centers including six primary care offices, bariatric, breast health, surgical and orthopedic specialty offices. Our model of care includes coordinating services and offering accessible physicians with accommodating schedules.
- New Pulmonary Rehabilitation program that offers a coordinated team approach with a focus on getting patients necessary care without multiple emergency room trips.
- Relocation of Women's Imaging. The move of Women's Imaging from Sills Road to 100 Hospital Road made it easier for our patients and for our teams to coordinate services, including services through our breast health program.
- Offering our partnership to The Joseph P. Dwyer Peer Support Project which supports veterans of all branch and areas of service.
- Continued community health education and support through our community partnerships and outreach efforts.
As Chair I am committed to seeing BMHMC continue to grow and expand and provide excellent care to the community. Please continue to visit our website as it evolves and keep in touch via social media.
Mark S. Mulholland
BMHMC Board of Directors
September 21, 2018
Debra Grimm Named LI Community Hospital VP And Chief Nursing Officer
Debra Grimm, DNP, MS, RN of Holbrook, NY has been named Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer at Long Island Community Hospital Center
August 21, 2018
The Long Island Community Hospital – CardioMEMS Heart Failure System
A new diagnostic tool in our Knapp Center Cath Labs
August 10, 2018
BMHMC is now officially Long Island Community Hospital
President & CEO Richard T. Margulis was proud to announce, at the hospital's recent Employee Appreciation BBQ
BMHMC Is Now A Level III Trauma Center
Recognition complete by the ACS Committe on Trauma