Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual's disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician's order.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Department:
- Performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician's request.
- Has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- Specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- Attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- Features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- Serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Brookhaven's Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631-654-7178.
May 21, 2018
BMHMC Celebrates EMS Week!
Thank you for all you do!
May 09, 2018
National Nurses Week 2018
May 6th - May 12th
May 02, 2018
BMHMC Congratulates Tom Cullen
BMHMC is proud to congratulate Board of Director, Tom Cullen on receiving the United Hospital Fund Tribute to Hospital and Health Care Trustees.
April 25, 2018
Ribbon Cutting of the New Walter & RoseMarie Ladick Lobby
Yesterday, April 24th BMHMC held the Ribbon Cutting of the new Walter and RoseMarie Ladick lobby