Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual's disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician's order.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Department:
- Performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician's request.
- Has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- Specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- Attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- Features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- Serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Brookhaven's Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631-654-7178.
May 17, 2017
Brookhaven Hospital Celebrated National Nurses Week
The Balance of Mind, Body, and Spirit was the theme of this past week's celebration
May 10, 2017
United Hospital Fund's 2017 Tribute Recognizes Walter Ladick, Jr.
United Hospital Fund's 2017 Tribute to Hospital and Health Care Trustees Recognizes our own Walter Ladick, Jr.
May 03, 2017
2017 Spring Forward Event - A Terrific Success!
Thursday, April 27th over 350 guests gathered at the beautiful Lands' End in Sayville to honor Donna Boyle
April 24, 2017
Medical Society of the State of New York Installs New President
Best wishes to Dr. Charles Rothberg on your installation as President of the Medical Society of the State of New York