Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual's disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician's order.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Department:
- Performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician's request.
- Has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- Specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- Attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- Features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- Serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Brookhaven's Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631-654-7178.
July 11, 2017
2017 Tournament of Tournaments Golf Outing
August 2nd at the Southward Ho Country Club
July 05, 2017
Brookhaven Hospital Hazmat Training
We at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital consistently train for the unexpected incidents that could occur at the Hospital
June 23, 2017
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Lobby Renovation
Moments Under Construction Lobby Renovation Capital Campaign was held on Tuesday, June 13th
June 13, 2017
Walking the Walk For Breast Cancer Support!
Team Brookhaven stepped up once again for the annual LI2Day Walk