Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual's disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician's order.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Department:
- Performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician's request.
- Has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- Specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- Attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- Features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- Serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Brookhaven's Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631-654-7178.
November 17, 2017
Sayville Rotary Veteran's Luncheon and Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
November 9th at the beautiful Land's End in Sayville honored a number of veterans from various military forces and years of service
November 08, 2017
Habitat for Humanity & Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
Habitat for Humanity held a Dedication Ceremony for new homeowners, The Ortiz Family
October 31, 2017
Patchogue Rotarians & Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
Rotary Club of Patchogue presented Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center (BMHMC) with a check in the amount of $55,000
October 25, 2017
Long Island Business News Top 50 Women in Business
Rachel Schnabl was honored at the Crest Hollow Country Club