Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual's disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician's order.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Department:
- Performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician's request.
- Has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- Specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- Attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- Features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- Serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Brookhaven's Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631-654-7178.
March 16, 2018
BMHMC Annual Service Awards Dinner
President's Leadership Award goes to Director of Support Services, Mike Scioscia
March 08, 2018
BMHMC Congratulates Two Outstanding Individuals!
Michele Miller, Emergency Management Coordinator and Dr. Waqas Khan, Interventional Cardiologist
January 11, 2018
Long Island ...There's a Welcome Change in the Wind!
You may have seen or heard hints of the coming new branding initiative for Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
December 19, 2017
Bringing Joy to Local Families
BMHMC has participated in the Salvation Army USA Angel Tree Program