Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual's disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician's order.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Department:
- Performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician's request.
- Has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- Specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- Attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- Features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- Serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Brookhaven's Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631-654-7178.
June 20, 2018
BMHMC Nurse Aide Open Interviews
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
June 08, 2018
Summer Is Almost Here!
Find out what medical options we offer here at BMHMC for weight loss.
June 01, 2018
Stroke Gold Plus & Target: Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll
Once again, BMHMC was recognized for our outstanding team efforts and quality patient care around our stroke program
May 21, 2018
BMHMC Celebrates EMS Week!
Thank you for all you do!