Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual's disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician's order.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Department:
- Performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician's request.
- Has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- Specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- Attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- Features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- Serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Brookhaven's Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631-654-7178.
September 12, 2017
The Harvest Moon Gala
October 14th 2016 at Nassau Country Club
September 11, 2017
Brookhaven Hospital Applies for Empire State Funds
Funds needed to develop the Former John J. Foley Nursing Home
September 05, 2017
BMHMC and the Long Island Ducks Breast Cancer Awareness Night!
Monday August 28th our Women's Imaging and Breast Cancer Coalition teams participated at the Long Island Ducks Breast Cancer Awareness Night
August 16, 2017
Brookhaven Hospital Renovations - We've Only Just Begun!
In addition to the new lobby, upgrades to rooms are under way.