Low-dose CT Lung Cancer Screening
We are your partner in the battle against lung cancer.
Lifesaving low-dose CT lung cancer screening is now covered under insurance for eligible patients who are at the highest risk of developing lung cancer. Many patients who could not afford to pay for it now have access to this procedure.
CT lung cancer screening is covered for eligible patients by private health plans under terms of the U.S. Affordable Care Act and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Why consider CT lung cancer screening?
- More than 207,000 people will be diagnosed with lung cancer this year and 155,000 will die - more than breast, colon, and prostate cancers combined.1
- CT lung cancer screening is the only test proven to significantly reduce cancer deaths.2
- Earlier detection using low-dose CT scans for individuals at high-risk of lung cancer could save up to 20,000 lives per year.3
- Lung cancer screening can improve outcomes through early detection and reduce treatment costs.
CMS will reimburse annual low-dose CT lung cancer screening for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Asymptomatic with no signs or symptoms of lung disease
- Age 55 to 77 years
- Tobacco smoking history of at least 30 pack-years
- Current smoker or have quit within the past 15 years
For Medicare and most private payers: The initial screening procedure requires a written order for low-dose CT lung cancer screening, following a smoking cessation counseling and shared decision-making visit. Subsequent annual screenings require only a written order obtained from a provider.
Talk to your patients about CT lung cancer screening.
To schedule a patient please call 631.687.4056
100 Hospital Road, Suite 101 Patchogue, NY 11772
1 2011 "Lung Cancer Statistics." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). cdc.gov
2 2011 "Lung Cancer Statistics." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). cdc.gov
3 2014, January. "Talking with your Patients About Screening for Lung Cancer." U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
Services provided by: