Brookhaven offers a full continuum of behavioral healthcare treatment.
From emergency psychiatric care to support groups for the patient – and those who care about them – we are dedicated to providing an array of mental health services to this community. A member of the NYS Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare, our services include:
- The Access Center. Brookhaven's psychiatric emergency program, the Center enables you or someone you care about to immediately receive the appropriate level of care. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the Center is also is a valuable resource providing referral information on Behavioral Health services in the community./li>
- Inpatient Unit. The Acute Care Inpatient Unit provides crisis stabilization, medication adjustment and psychotherapeutic family and patient intervention. The treatment team develops an individualized plan of care, which includes discharge planning and referral for continuing treatment. Our professionals also treat medically complex geriatric and adult patients with a variety of psychiatric and behavioral problems.
- Outpatient Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Treatment Centers. Located in Patchogue and Shirley, these Treatment Centers provide mental health and chemical dependency treatment for adult and mental health treatment for children. The programs offer evaluation and referral, links to community resources, psychiatric and medication evaluation, individual, group and family psychotherapy, early recovery and relapse prevention as well as family support groups.
Remember, help is only a phone call away. For more information, please call 631-687-HELP (4357) or download our brochure.
We offer support groups for individuals and the family and friends of people struggling with mental illness and/or substance abuse, including:
Meets: Every Friday, and Saturday
Time: 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. on Friday (only open to people in recovery)
8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Saturday (open to the general public)
Place: Conference Trailer A and B
Mental Health Family Education and Support
Meets: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Place: Nursing education classroom 212, 100 Hospital Road, Patchogue
Learn more about mental illness at:
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mental Health Association
- New York State Office of Mental Health
Learn more about chemical dependency and substance abuse at: